Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Love to Say Yes!

I am a parent.  I am a mom.  I have six children, four of which are adults.  When my kids were little I said, "No!" an awful lot.  I feel bad sometimes when I think about how often I said those words.  But I do admit that my kids are not spoiled, do not feel entitled, and know how to work. 

Now that we are all older I have discovered how much I love to say "Yes!" 

My 16-year-old asked me again tonight if he could get his learner's permit.  I responded, "Yes! As soon as you have a job and have enough money to pay the $60 fee" the State of Connecticut requires from its young people if they ever want to even learn to drive. 

My 12-year-old asked me if he can get on the computer.  "Yes! As soon as you finish your homework."

My 19-year-old asked me if he can get the parts to fix the other computer.  "Yes! As soon as you have a job and can pay for them."

I love saying "Yes!"

Parents should all say "Yes!" a lot more.




No comments:

Post a Comment