Sunday, August 12, 2012

Machimoodus State Park


Equipment shed at Machimoodus State Park
Unique construction using whole trees and metal panels
Love the light coming through -- needs repairs
Vines, poison ivy and Asiatic bittersweet
Invasive Japanese honeysuckle Lonicera japonica Thunb.

Red-stemmed milkweed pod

Common mullein first year's growth

Due to two days of fairly heavy rains today was the first time I was able to revisit Machimoodus State Park.  The sky was brooding when I arrived and stayed that way until I had packed up and was driving out of the park.  That is when the sun peaked out for a quick look.

 This time I had my tripod and a clean lens.  Since it was sprinkling on and off I also carried my huge Ikea umbrella which came in handy to keep moisture off of my camera and as a wind block.  The wind always seemed to kick up any time I tried to take a closeup of a flower on a long stem.  

Mushroom dinner for slugs

unknown mushroom whose stem was below the soil line
Wild carrot flowers are spectacular


No comments:

Post a Comment